1) The cooking period will be a maximum of 5 hours. Cooking during the entire cooking period is at the sole discretion of the contestant.
2) Cooking may be done off-site. (It’s more fun here).
3) A representative of Chili Blaze shall conduct a contestants meeting, at which time final instructions are to be given and questions answered, at 5:30 p.m. Attendance is mandatory.
4) Contestants may arrive as early as 12:00 p.m., but the deadline for check-in is 5:00 p.m. A Chili Blaze representative may grant exceptions.
5) Contestants are responsible for supplying all of their cooking utensils, etc. The sponsors will provide an area for each contestant with an 8′ table. Electricity is available but the contestant must provide their own extension cord, gas cookers are allowed but must be supplied by the contestant. No refill facilities will be available on site.
6) Contestants are permitted to set up their equipment, decorations, and other facilities anytime after 3:00 p.m. on the day of the cook-off.
7) Each contestant must cook a minimum of 5 gallons of Chili. 10 Gallons Preferred
8) No glass bottles please / No pets.
9) Each contestant will be assigned a number by the staff of Chili Blaze and given a container in which their chili will be collected for judging. The contestant and the Staff will only know this number.
10) No more than 1 pint of each contestant’s chili will be collected at the end of the cooking period (6pm) for the purpose of judging. Nothing but the Chili will be taken to the Judge’s table. All remaining Chili will be sold as a fundraiser to send kids to the M.D.A. summer camp.
11) No cash sales will be required of the contestants.
12) Contestants will be required to distribute their chili to customers wearing an arm ban identifying them as customers in the bowls provided by Chili Blaze only. No other containers will be used!
13) Cooks are to prepare and cook chili in a sanitary manner and keep the food at the proper temperature to ensure safety of the customers
14) At the discretion of the Staff the cook may be required to taste their chili before judging. Refusal will result in disqualification.
15) THE DECISION OF THE JUDGES SHALL BE FINAL
Remember we are here for CHARITY and to have FUN.
16) This event is a community fundraiser for MDA. As such, contestants are not permitted to decorate booths in such a fashion to create social controversy. Chili Blaze reserves the right to ask contestants to leave. Have Fun! Leave the social commentary for the editorial pages.
BEST BOOTH OF THE SHOW AWARD WILL BE GIVEN TO THE TEAM THAT DECORATES THEIR BOOTH WITH THE MOST ORIGINIALTY.
Refer questions to:
Cell: (727) 458-8204